Medical Billing Resume
Here is a Sample Medical Billing Resume,
4/35 D, Southern Block, Santa Fe, NM 88000, United States
email@example.com • Cellular 555-555-55555 • Home 555-555-5555
An experienced professional looking for a position as an active employee, involving responsibility and working with others as a team member to achieve advancement and growth for the company.
- A highly qualified professional with more than five years of experience in medical billing.
- Efficient in keeping records and assisting the patients.
- Capable to understand and complete medical billing related works.
- Strong ability to analyze with a deep knowledge of billing, medical terminology, Medicaid, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team-driven environment, as well as independently and unsupervised.
New City Clinic, Santa Fe, NM 2008 to Present
Medical Billing Manager
- Responsible for cash management, employee management, supply ordering, staff training, and customer service relations.
- Prepared and distributed the customer’s invoice and bills.
- Analyzed, researched and resolved customer issue.
- Conducted the research and reconciliation on transaction.
- Interviewed, hired and trained the medical billing clerk.
First Hospital, Santa Fe, NM 2006 to 2008
Medical Billing Manager Assistant
- Assisted in handling the billing claims and resolving the denied claims.
- Accountable for maintaining customer bills and special medical reports.
- Maintained the customer accounts and patient’s information, and developed the forms and manuals.
- Assisted in developing the forms and manuals and procedure of organization.
- Dealt with the queries and responded to them by telephone or by writing.
First Hospital, Santa Fe, NM 2005 to 2006
Medical Billing Clerk
- Reviewed patient bills for accuracy and completeness, and obtained any missing information.
- Followed up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe.
- Performed daily backups on office computer system.
- Followed the guidelines and be in compliance with local, state or federal laws and regulations.
- Prepared, reviewed and sent patient statements.
- Reviewed accounts for possible assignment and made recommendations to the Billing Supervisor, also prepared information for the collection agency.
State College, Santa Fe, NM 2004
- Records Management
- Medical Insurance
- ICD-9 (International Classification of Diseases)
- Claim Entry & Payment Posting
- Medical Terminology
- Insurance & Patient Aging
- Team Building
- Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
Medical Billing & Coding Certification, Medical Training Center, Santa Fe, NM, 2005
Available upon request